Weston

Family memories of Weston Ray Smith, October, 1951 to March, 2005

Why this site?

My brother, Weston Ray Smith, passed away this year. He always has been both a key and very enigmatic part of our family. We loved him fiercely and were baffled by him at the same time. He had the best mind of any one I've ever known. Having a long talk with him was a wonderful experience, because when his guard wasn't up he was playful, analytical, caring, thoughtful, helpful, and inspiring. For me, as well, it was humbling in a good way because his mind and soul encompassed so much and yet he did not self-aggrandize. A lot to live up to for a little brother. I know I did not measure up publicly to what he thought I should; my hope is that, somehow, he can look beyond that and maybe be pleased at some things he finds inside. After all, he shaped a lot of it! I love him, very much, and miss him more than can ever really be said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home